Thursday, June 8, 2017

London Free Day

London from above. Copyright © 2005 Mai-Linh Doan, used in accord with the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 France license.

I suspect that today was the best day of our trip so far for many of the students. This is a study abroad program, and our museum focus and work in antiquity has provided the academic component. But London is too great, too rich of a city to only have afternoons and evenings for conventional site-seeing. So today was left open for the students to plan their own activities . . . whether that be more historic sites, more shows, or more modern cultural attractions such as the Harry Potter Museum or streets associated with the Sherlock Holmes stories.








I am assured that this was only "butter beer" at the Harry Potter Museum



This blog post may be updated as I get more images from students. Beyond my own from today (which I mostly visiting friends, visiting Harrod's in honor of my wife Elaine, or spending a chilly, windy, and often drizzly afternoon in Hyde Park), in the first edition of this post I am also adding posts that I culled from some of the students' social media accounts that bore the hashtag #babylontoberlin.





All right, I went to one church, the Brompton Oratory




The organ pick is for you, Andy
The Harrod's visit was in honor of my wife, Elaine, but will note the Egyptian theme in the escalator area!




Thanks for a great evening, Kari and Tim!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Day: The Vatican

Just part of our group after a very full day in the Vatican. It is hard to believe that our three-week adventure is coming to a close....