Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Rome, Classical sites

At the Roman Forum
Wednesday, June 21, was a very full day. I got up at 5:15 a.m. and went for a run. After breakfast with the group at 7:00, we were out the door at 7:40. We were out all day seeing the primary sites of Classical Rome and then did not get home from our group dinner until after 10:00 p.m. One of our students found on her phone that we had walked a total of 14 miles!

I got back to my room, got ready for the next day, showered, and dropped, breaking my streak of blogging every day. It is now early the next day and I am scrambling to get ready for another day, so I am going to simply post my Instagram collages so readers can have an idea of what we did. Hopefully I can come back later and expand this post with more high res images and some explanations.


The Flavian Amphitheater (a.k.a. the "Colosseum")




The Arch of Titus



The Roman Forum



The Palatine Hill (Imperial Palaces)



The Circus Maximus





The Capitoline Museum 

All photos for educational purposes only



The Imperial Fora



Baths of Caracalla



Aurelian Walls and the Pyramid of Cestius



Group Dinner at Flavio al Velavevodetto


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Day: The Vatican

Just part of our group after a very full day in the Vatican. It is hard to believe that our three-week adventure is coming to a close....